Sunday, October 27, 2013

Six = Legos

Zane asked for a Lego Party this year and what Zane wants, Zane gets (not really, but he likes to think so)!  God knows I can't turn down throwing a party - especially for my #1, so the planning started about 4+ months ago!  Zane not only wanted a Lego Party, but he wanted a Police Lego party, I had no idea what he meant by that...but thankfully I figured it out and was able to accomodate!

As usual - way too much time was spent on the prepping of this party, but as stressed out as I might get at times over it - I love ever minute of it and would do it for him a million times over if he wanted it.  I am so thankful to two of my friends for their help with this party - it wouldn't have been the same without their help.  First to my friend Lori for being my photographer for the day!  I lost the charger to my big Nikon camera and had only 1 battery bar left come party day - so she stepped up to the plate and took a ton of pictures so I could show you :) and so we wouldn't forget how much fun we had! Next a big thank you to my friend Brenda for making some adorable Lego cookies last minute for me. I called her Friday morning from work when I realized that there was just no way I would get them done in time for the party and asked her if she had time to whip up a batch and she didn't even hesitate and had them done (better than I could've done) in a few hours and delivered them before the party started. I am usually way too prideful to ask for help, but I had to put that aside and ask for it and I'm so glad I did.  Thank you both for helping me out yesterday!

Also, this year I paid for help from Etsy for the invitations!  I usually always make my boys' birthday invites, but this year - I realized time is money and I just didn't have the time to do it.  Besides - they did better than I could anyway!

Without further a-do...

The invite!

Birthday wreath that is used for their birthdays every year - I just change out the middle.
And most of the food/decorations.

The Lego Pinata, Official Builders Passes and one of the games.

More decorations and LEGOS!

Big thank you to Josh too for cooking up a delicious beef brisket!  It was a surprise to me and one that I gladly welcomed - it was delicious!


Tate making his best educated guess on how many Legos are in the jar!

Zane and his good buddy from school Davis.

A last minute thought last week was to have a Italian Soda Bar (because its one of Zane's favorites) and I'm so glad that we did it - it was a huge hit and it turned out perfectly!


One of Zane's requests for his party was a Lego Pinata - I had no idea where you could buy one and honestly didn't even look that hard.  I figured I could just make one - so I did.  That is much easier said than done by the way - but I think in the end it turned out great.  The kids loved it and shockingly it held up through all of their swings!



CANDY!!!

Zane told me last night that this was his favorite party - that made me smile!  He is very thankful and so appreciative (as are we) to all of our friends who made the drive to make his day special.  Our house was VERY full and a lot more chaotic than I am normally comfortable with, but it turned out perfectly and I am so happy that he had such a great time!  We love you buddy!

No comments: