Sunday, October 27, 2013

R.I.P Great Grandma Alexander

Josh's beloved grandma {the boys great grandma} Alexander passed away peacefully on August 30, 2013 after 93 full years here.  Maxine lived a great life and was such a nice woman and I am so lucky that I had the chance to get to know her.  There was a graveside memorial scheduled for last weekend when out of town family were able to make it in.  Josh's dad led the memorial and did a wonderful job, there were a few tears and many laughs.  You will be missed Maxine, but we'll see you again someday.

Maxine and the boys Thanksgiving 2011

Maxine and Landon, Thanksgiving 2012


Zane helping papa put dirt in the grave.

Landon helping.

The place where the headstone was made put the wrong year of death,
they put 2012 instead of 2013!  Josh's aunt was being funny and "fixed it with duct tape"!
The company is of course going to fix it before its set.

Checking out other family member's graves.

Lunch with all 18 of us afterwards!  Great to see family, sad for the reason though.

No comments: