Zane had his final game of the season with the Rockets last night and they rocked the field! It is so amazing to me to see how much these kids grew in just 6 weeks - how their skills improved and how their personalities just expanded! Zane really became close with the boys on the team and has invited them to his birthday party - he's very excited about that!
Even with a win and goals under his belt I'm pretty sure the highlight of the night was at the end of the season pizza party when Zane received his first ever trophy! Josh and I knew that they would be getting them, but we didn't tell Zane. Zane has ALWAYS wanted a trophy - so bad that I have almost just bought him one "just because", but decided that I wouldn't because it would mean more if he "earned" it one day and I was right! You should've seen his face when the coach announced that he would be handing out the trophies at that time; his face lit up and I heard him question to himself "I'm getting a trophy?!" - definitely a proud moment for this mama!
Great job buddy!



No comments:
Post a Comment