Thursday, August 8, 2013

National Night Out

For the 30th Anniversary of the National Night Out program the Snoqualmie Police Dept was putting on an event at the station.  The event was going on until 9 p.m. (Tuesday) night, so after leaving the M's game, the boys and I raced back to Snoqualmie in hopes of making it there in time to still check it all out.  Both kids LOVE anything to do with the police or fire department - so I knew this would be right up their alley!

We got to the station at 8:20 - phew, 40 mins to spare...except...they were already starting to tear things down.  I was pretty upset to be honest - don't advertise something until 9 and decide to stop at 8:30. There were still a few vehicles for them to see, which made them happy...but what Zane was looking the most forward to was a tour of the station (which was also advertised to be until 9).  I walked up to one of the officers and asked if we could still get a tour and he {politely} said that they were done with tours, but that we could come back any other time and they'd give us one, ugh.  I looked down at Zane and he was so bummed - he held his head high, but you could tell he was really disappointed.  I told him we'd come back this weekend and see about a tour and he sadly said "ok".  Just then another officer who was near by walked over and said to Zane "you want a tour, I will give you a tour" and off we went Zane turned that frown upside down immediately!

The tour was awesome!  This officer didn't hold back at all - we saw it all.  He answered all of our questions, gave us a ton of information about the department and the area and really made Zane's day! I keep meaning to figure out how I can send in a compliment for him!  He really did go above and beyond.




Here we go...never thought I'd be entering a police station before!
This is the first place the arrested individuals go once they are brought back to the station!  This is also the room they keep dogs that they capture when animal control isn't able to come out.

The boys were able to go in to the holding cell and check it out.  Zane was a little scared to go in - I had to really talk him into getting close so I could take this picture - I promised him that we wouldn't shut the door.  As you can see Landon had NO problem going right in and checking it all out - first things first, check out the toilet!  ICK!!!  This picture looks like he is touching it, but I assure you he did not touch it.  The officer assured me that it was clean and was cleaned every night, but still totally grossed me out!

Landon checking out the "bed"!
Zane had no problem getting a picture at/in the shooting range!  He thought this was so cool!


Cutest little target I ever did see :)
Zane and Officer Weiss - this guy was awesome!  

No comments: