Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ice Skating

After I had already figured out all of our countdown activities - Zane's buddy Luke and his mommy Kristin invited us to go ice skating down at the Seattle Center today.  We already had a great activity planned for tonight, so didn't want to replace it with ice skating...so we added it ;)  And it just so happened by complete coincidence that today TMobile was sponsoring the ice skating, so it was free!  Nice surprise!

If you remember a few months ago Zane took about 6 weeks of ice skating lessons - they payed off!  He did wonderful today - of course he took a few tumbles, but he got right back up and started skating - no tears, no whining, no anger - just brushed it off and rolled skated on!  I was so proud of him.  I honestly have no idea if I have been ice skating in my life or not - I am pretty sure I have at least once, but obviously it wasn't a memorable experience if I don't remember it.  I was a little freaked out.  I told Josh he should probably have his cell upstairs next time him while he slept today because I may need him to rescue me from the hospital - he laughed, ha, so nice!  Anyway, I'm happy to report, I didn't fall once and rarely used the wall :)  No pictures to prove that since I was the photographer, but you can ask Zane - he'll tell ya!  Must be my many years on roller blades that helped me out!!







After ice skating, we headed over to the Center House to see the model train exhibit and have some lunch!

The boys could not get enough of watching the trains.


Heading back to the car - goofball!

No comments: