It if officially my favorite time of year!!!
Last year was my first year of doing an advent countdown to Christmas with Zane and we had a lot of fun - so I decided to do it again this year! Hopefully Landon will get more into this year, but either way he will have no idea what we are counting down to...or what counting down actually means - but I am sure he will still have fun!
We have many countdowns going on this year - at the end of last year I got a killer deal on a Imaginext Advent Calendar and totally forgot about it until thankfully the night of November 30th, I found it hidden in our closet - phew, just in the nick of time! My grandma also bought Zane a chocolate advent calendar - each day he opens a door and gets to eat a piece of chocolate and then of course our own family countdown.
Instead of doing a chain again this year, I came up with the idea of little pockets with cards inside - that way he can pull out a card each day, I can re-use the pockets for next year and its easy for me to change out the card if plans change - which I have already learned this year - that may happen often! I lined the pockets up and clipped them to twine and hung them in an open frame - the frame is hanging up as a decoration and out of Landon's reach :)
Like Lori I am going to list them out here so I can find them easier next year and also maybe give you a few ideas - if you need any (Lori and I have had many fun emails over the last month planning our activities - so you'll see some duplicates):
24 Days until Christmas/Day 1 of Advent: Santa Day at Uncle Michael's work and Snowflake Lane
23: North Pole Breakfast
22: Write & mail letter to Santa
21: Hang Christmas Lights w/Daddy (this may change since Josh is sicker than a dog right now, but we'll see)
20: Make Lego Ornament/decoration
19: Window clings
18: Figgy Pudding Carolers (yes with Lori)
17: Nutcraker (Zane/Mommy date night)
16: How to Train a Dragon live show (Zane's going to die when he finds this one out)
15: Hot Chocolate at Starbucks
14: Shopping for brother's gifts (Josh/Landon Lisa/Zane)
13: Ice Cream Cone Trees
12: Watch a Christmas Movie (at home w/popcorn)
11: Christmas party at mommy's work
10: Pay if Forward
9: Deliver Toys for Tots to the Firestation
8: Santa visit/pictures
7: Zane will wrap Landon's present by himself
6: Gingerbread houses
5: Candy Canes
4: Zoo Lights
3: Drive and look at Christmas Lights
2: Bake/Decorate Christmas Cookies
1: Christmas PJ's and open brother gifts
Please note - all of these are subject to change at the last minute...follow along on the blog to see what those changes may be :)

No comments:
Post a Comment