Monday, December 19, 2011
Toys for Tots
One of our Advent Chain events was to go drop some toys off at the local fire station for Toys for Tots, but something came up that day, so we had to postpone it. Today after I picked Zane up from daycare, we headed to the fire station to drop off the toys! I wanted to get a picture of Zane giving the bag of toys to the firemen, but I didn't want to really "commercialize" what we were doing, so I didn't bother them! I was explaining to Zane why we do this - telling him that some boys and girls either don't have mommy's and daddy's to buy them presents or their mommy's and daddy's don't have enough money to buy them presents and he said in a way only a 4 year old could "why doesn't Santa Claus bring them any?" Lets just say that question stumped me. I basically told him that Santa Claus does the best he can, but in some cases even Santa Claus needs help getting presents for all of the girls and boys. Phew, seemed to do the trick for an answer to his question!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment