Thursday, April 1, 2010

The unexpected is sometimes the best medicine.

Have you ever had one of those days (or weeks) that you were feeling a little inadequate and someone does something completely unexpected and makes you feel better even though they didn't realize they were helping you?!

A lot of times I feel like Zane misses out on so much because I have to work full time. After work everyday its a rush to get home, dinner, bathed and bed and I feel like I don't get more than 45 mins with him on a weeknight sometimes. There are a lot of mornings that he just doesn't want to get dressed or head out the door, he just wants to sit on my lap watching his shows and cuddle. I would give anything to be able to sit there and cuddle him all day long, but alas bills have to be paid, so we must go to work/daycare. It really tugs at my heartstrings when he is like this in the mornings or wants me to lay in his bed with him at bedtime - sometimes I get the guilt bug and its hard to know if everything we're doing is the right thing.

This morning I got into work and found an email from a friend of mine who I don't talk to very often. We go through spurts of emailing a lot to not talking for a few months, to emailing again etc. She's one of those friends that you can pick up right where you left off though when you do start talking again, so that's really cool. Her email completely caught me offguard especially because she had no idea how I'd been feeling lately, but aside from catching me offguard it really made my day. Thanks Jenn S.!

Here is the simple email that made my day:

Hey there stranger –

I was just catching up on your blog and had to tell you that I think you are the best mom ever. I have no idea how you have time to work full-time, do all those fun things with Zane, and document it all in an awesome blog to share with everyone. Zane is a lucky boy to have you as a mommy. Hope you are doing great!

Jenn

3 comments:

jennbean said...

Hah, I got a fortune in a fortune cookie today that said today I would make someone smile. Funny. :)

Brooke Buckingham said...

For what's worth, I've thought the same thing while reading your blog! You're a good mommy! :)

Katie and Bob said...

That is really sweet:) So much is expected from parents these days, especially working parents. No wonder they don't all go crazy!!!