Monday, April 20, 2009

Time-Out

Sorry, no pictures for this quick post, just a funny cute little story.

Zane had his first official time-out tonight.

What he did wrong: he was pulling the DVD's off the DVD rack and when I went over and asked him to put them back on the rack he decided to be defiant (where would he ever learn that!) and as I would hand him a DVD to put back, he'd throw it on the ground. I gave him a warning to stop or he'd have a time-out. He did it again, so to time-out he went.

The timeout: I sat him down by our stairs and told him to "sit" and of course he started to cry. I plugged 60 seconds into the timer and there he sat and cried for that long minute...but he didn't try to get up, so that is good.

The funny part: About a 1/2 an hour later he was being a pain and getting mad at his toys and throwing them and I said to him "do you need another time out?". He immediately got off the couch and walked over to the spot he had his earlier timeout and sat right down and started to cry. I didn't think that first time out would be so effective, but wow, I guess I got my point across, he knew exactly what to do the next time!

Goof!

PS We didn't let him stay in the time-out he put himself into, we hurried to let him know he wasn't in trouble...don't think we are that mean! It was just so cute how when asked if he needed a time-out, he went right over and put himself into it!

1 comment:

Katie and Bob said...

That is so adorable! What a doll!