Sunday, April 19, 2009

Goofball.

Zane is at such a fun stage right now (although, I think I've thought every phase up until now has been fun), he is developing such a little personality. He knows what he wants and he wants it RIGHT NOW; he finds things funny and laughs on his own at those things; he learns what makes you laugh and will do that thing(s) over and over just to make you laugh; he really understands what you tell him or ask him to do and he is just a plan ol' goofball!

Two nights last week he refused to go to bed without his empty sippy cup. He drank all of his milk and as I was picking him up to carry him up to bed he would start to semi-freak out and reach for his cup. I gave it to him thinking he just wanted to double check that sure enough the milk was gone, but no, he wanted to sleep with it. He tucked it under his arms like a stuffed animal as we walked upstairs. After laying him down, I'd try to take it back thinking that it wouldn't make such a comfortable pillow, but he would freak out and want it back, so of course I gave in and let him have it. Each morning it would be on the opposite end of the bed as him, so I'm guessing he realized snuggling a plastic cup wasn't so fun and he let it go to the wayside so he could get a good night sleep. Both nights he did this I wanted to get a picture, but didn't dare chance waking him up with the flash. Today after his nap, he had a cup of milk and was still trying to wake up and wanted cuddle time (which I love of course) and after his milk was gone, I went to set down and he did the same freaking out trick again, so I gave him back the cup...this is what he did:



On the way up the stairs tonight for his bath he would stop at every stair and lay down on it and say "nigh nigh" (aka "night, night"). What a goofball!

No comments: