Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Kindergarten Registration

I loathe blog posts without pictures - but sadly I didn't take ONE last night :(  I do want to update the blog on our Kindergarten Round-Up that happened last night though so sadly its a short picture-less post!

As luck would have it the first person we talked to upon entering the room is the mom of the other T1 at the school!  She gave me her email and phone number immediately and said she had heard about us and her daughter was so excited to "not be alone" anymore.  That is an exact quote.  Broke my heart that she felt that  way, but I can totally understand it at the same time.  The mom also works at the school, so that is helpful too.

After our paperwork was checked out - we headed over to the nurse's station to have his immunization records checked off.  The two nurses at this table were not the nurses who actual work at that school, but as soon as they heard me say he has T1, they said they had heard about us and that the nurse for the school already knew about us and would be calling me soon to set things up.  I am amazed already at the organization for taking care of Zane - hopefully a sign of great things to come!

We filled out the "lottery form" for full-day Kindergarten, they will have 48 spots (2 classes), so praying that Zane's name gets drawn.  We will get a call Friday or Monday letting us know.  If we don't get full-day, we'll be put on a waiting list and automatically be put into AM Kindergarten.

So in a nut-shell my baby is ready for school - I cannot believe it.  I can tell that Zane is having a lot of anxiety and mixed emotions regarding our move.  He has never handled big changes well, he's a very routine kid.  Its breaking my heart to see him this way, but I know that it is for the best and soon he'll be fine and adjust.  Zane is such a tough kid and such a sweet heart, but change just isn't his forte!

Until next time :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hey, I was just registering Andrew for kindergarten a week or so ago, although somehow he's already more than half way through. : ) Where the heck does time go?!

That's great that they're ready for you guys! Although completely unrelated, I had a similar experience after I had Andrew. They told my birth story to everyone as a learning experience (awesome) so when I walked in for a check up, everyone in the office kind of gave me that gentle "oh how are you doing sweetie" treatment. It was so weird. But, it's great when you have a team behind you and a group of people who are ready to do a little extra for you! And it sounds like they're going to take great care of Zane. So cool.