Monday, August 29, 2011

8 Months Old

Landon,

We have survived 8 months of each other Mr. Landon!! There were days I wondered if we would, but let me tell you kiddo...you have turned into...do I dare say it...such a mellow, happy baby! I really hope I don't jinx things here, but really honey, you are such a pleasure to be around!



You are so happy (most of the time) and I just love it! You smile all of the time, you give out happy screams every 10-15 seconds and you make yourself laugh which in turn cracks me up!

Your newest tricks are that you are becoming a pro at rolling over...finally! You might actually crawl one of these days after all! Its funny how you don't mind being on your tummy if you are the one who put yourself there! I even found you sleeping on your tummy the other morning, so darn cute - wish I had my camera handy to snap a little picture of your rump in the air, maybe next time!

You are starting to show signs of separation anxiety and that is something that I do not like at all! It makes me sad to see you sad when mommy leaves the room. I want you to know that mommy and daddy will always be back little man, we'll never leave you - until you kick us out of your dorm room on your first day of college because it'll be very uncool to have your parents hanging around!

You have also decided that its very un-cool to have something taken away from you - especially paper, you LOVE to eat paper! Although, I know that paper is probably high in fiber, its just not something I think you should be ingesting on a daily basis, so I'm sorry, but it must be taken away when you decide to munch on it!



You FINALLY popped one of your little teeth through! It looks so cute, and I can tell it's little buddy is coming up right next to it and looks like he'll be out in a matter of days! Your sleeping patterns were a little less desirable than say a root canal during that week or two before the little guy popped out, but I'm happy to report you are back to your champion sleeping days now that he's out! I sure hope his buddies don't throw you into that sleeping or lack of sleeping pattern again, but if they do, we'll handle it! Speaking of champion sleeping though - can I just say that you highly impress our neighbors at the Sounders games because you manage to sleep through a good portion of every game we take you to!





You are still a lover of bath time and enjoy it even more (if that's even possible) now that you get to share the tub with your big brother! It sure makes my night easier bathing you both at the same time!



You are starting to look like such a little boy now (especially with your new slick hair cut) and I am amazed everyday at how much you are changing. You have gone from this crazy colicky, refuse to sleep, spit up everything baby to this happy-go-lucky, keep your food in your tummy, love to sleep baby and its a wonderful change for us all!!





We love you so much Landon and I am so happy that God chose me to be your mommy, I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!



Love you baby,
Mommy

No comments: