Zane's last swimming lesson of this session was on Monday this week (actually, the last class is tonight, but we won't be able to attend). To say that Zane is not a fan of putting his head under water is a major understatement. Josh and I love the water and love to be on or around the water, so it is very important that our kids are comfortable with the water and learn how to swim. To be comfortable in the water, we feel you need to be able to put your head under water without crying everytime! So on Monday, I walked over to Zane's area of the pool when the teacher was working with another kid and told Zane if he put his head under the water WITHOUT crying that I'd take him out for ice cream after dinner - he was sold on the idea! Once the teacher came back over, I informed her that Zane was
ready to put his head under water!! So the teacher took over from there and Zane put his head under water TWICE without crying! I could tell that he by all means was not thrilled about the experience, but I could also tell that he was
so proud of himself for not crying! I started clapping and yelling praises to him making a fool of myself, but at least he knew how proud his mama was of him!!
So to make good on our bribe, we took him out for ice cream after dinner...bad mommy completely forgot his blood sugar meter and insulin at home (first time I've ever done that I must say). So we had to grab our ice cream and head home to eat it, but that didn't damper his pride at all.
His ice cream of choice out of 31 flavors you ask...strawberry shortcake and if anyone is wondering how many carbs are in a scoop of strawberry shortcake ice cream...22 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment