Sunday, July 31, 2011

7 Months Old

Landon,

SEVEN months old?!? Are you serious?!? There are days that I just cannot believe that you are seven months old and that you are more than half way through your first year, then there are days that I wonder how I've survived these first seven months!! You are such a happy baby when you want to be, but really do have a very strong need (hate to call you needy since you are a baby and you're supposed to be) to have someone with you or paying attention to you at all times! If you are left alone in the living room while I walk to the kitchen (even though I can still see you), you let me know that you are NOT ok with it! Its not that you just want your mommy with you, its just that you want someone, anyone with you! Thank the Lord you have a very patient big brother who wants nothing more than to be with you any chance he can! Zane is my saving grace most of the time! I know there will come a day when he doesn't want to hear me say "please go entertain your brother" or "can you go make your brother happy please" and when that day comes...it will be the day you my little one will need to learn how to entertain yourself and self-soothe!



Don't get me wrong kiddo, you are an absolute joy to be around and I would love to spend every minute (ok, maybe not every minute) with you, but that's just not feasible. Your smile can make any day I've had turn into the best day. Its getting so easy to make you smile, sometimes I just have to make eye contact with you and you show me those beautiful gums!



Those two pesky little bottom teeth are still trying so hard to come in...I can see the little humps they've made in your gums, but the little buggers are just taking their sweet time cutting through! I am so sorry for that honey, I can only imagine how bad that hurts! I'm glad that your fingers and toys seem to help relieve some of that pain.





When you aren't chewing on your toys or your fingers, we can usually find you playing with your toes! I'm sure you wish that you could chew on those as well and honestly, if your buddha belly wasn't in the way, you probably could! You sure do love those little feet of yours and I can't blame you, they are pretty stinkin' cute! I'm not sure what it is about your little baby feet, but I'm crazy about them!



You are developing quite an interest in toys with wheels, you are making your daddy proud already! Someone even sent me a picture of you playing with a pink Barbie car the other day, its obvious you aren't picky about which vehicle you are given to play with, just as long as it has wheels!




There is one thing that I believe you love more than toys, your toes, chewing on your fingers, watching your brother play, having someone right by you...and that is FOOD! You are so different from how your big brother was as a baby in regards to your eating habits and it just thrills me! You are willing to try anything and so far you have liked everything! Your newest favorite snack foods are Puffs and Yogurt Melts! Those little finger foods keep you very happy while I'm trying to make dinner for everyone! I'll be happy when you develop the dexterity to pick them up and feed them to yourself, but for now, we don't mind shoveling them in for you!



You don't really have any new tricks this month, other than the fact you are sitting up really well now. Occasionally, your round bottom gets the best of you and you topple over, but for the most part you are sitting up very well and pulling toys in and out of your little box of toys. We are still working on your tummy time and your rolling over - I have a feeling you are going to be a very late crawler and to be honest...I am ok with that! I am not looking forward to you being mobile! Just the other day I saw a dime on the floor and walked past it MANY times before it hit me that I need to get into a better habit of picking stuff like that up because the day will come when you will mosey yourself right over to that dime and try to make it lunch! Just so you know, that dime has since been picked up, so you'll have to find something else to try and munch on! You have moved up into a big-boy car-seat now (still rear-facing of course), so that's pretty cool! Cool, until you are sound asleep in it and I have to wake you to put you in a shopping cart because I can't just stick your seat on top anymore! You are still a fabulous sleeper and becoming a much better napper and for that, we are all grateful! You are so beautiful when you are sleeping, I just can't get over what an angel you look like.



Landon, the past seven months have been a very happy challenge for me, you really do complete this family and I cannot imagine life without you in it! I'm very grateful that God chose me to be your mommy!



Happy Seven Month Birthday Little Man, we love you so much.

No comments: