Sunday, October 25, 2009

End to a great season.

Last night was the last regular season Sounders FC game and Josh and I had a total blast! Thankfully this isn't the last game all year though since we made the play-offs, we know we at least have 1 more to look forward to...and hopefully a few more!

My dad and his wife watched Zane for us last night and we were able to leave early to get down for the March of the Match, something we've wanted to do for other games, but have never been able to do! Very cool experience. We followed the band with hundreds of other fans and marched our way to the stadium. Once at the stadium the owners of the Sounders; Drew Carey and Joe Roth unveiled a very cool banner that as they said will "stand the test of time outside of Qwest Field from here on out". On this banner are the names of every inaugural season ticket holder...yahoo our name (ok, so just Josh's, but I'm on there in spirit) are listed on this banner that will be out there forever kind of a cool thing! But I think the coolest thing of the night was when I weaseled my way up through the crowd and asked Drew Carey for a picture with him!! He was so kind to say "yes"...he bobbed his head to the beat of the band playing for our picture, but I'm cool with that!!

Anyway, the absolute best part of the night was that we won 2-1!!! First score on our home field in 3 months, we needed that!!!

Off to the playoffs we go!
We found this "Waterfall Park" in Seattle on our walk to the march...I had no idea it existed and if anyone knows me, they know I LOVE waterfalls, so I was stoked to find it!!

The march...

Yahoo!! BTW you can't see it in this picture, but Drew has on green Crocs...just goes to show you that being a millionaire does not up your taste in shoes! (No offense to you Croc lovers out there)!

The banner!

Joe Roth (per my husband a famous movie producer...I sure hope I spelled his last name right)!

No comments: