We were slated to go two miles, but instead I had Mom Fail #456. Landon was throwing a fit that he couldn't go, so in my haste of trying to get us out of the house as quickly as possible I forgot to a. have Zane check his blood sugar and b. forgot to bring anything with us in case he felt/went low. Whoops.
.82 of a mile into our run his CGM goes off saying "Falling" which means he's dropping quick. And he was dropping from an already pretty low number. Crap. We turn around to head back home, but still have .82 of a mile to get back there, I felt like such an idiot. I was prepared to flag down a car to ask if they had any soda or candy in their car, but he said he felt fine, so we continued trekking it back home. The two deer hadn't moved, haha.
He survived, he was pretty low, but fine and I learned a huge lesson and won't make that mistake again. And he isn't too scarred because he wants to go again tomorrow (but requested it be light out, haha)!
Love that he's motivating me to get off my butt and move!! He doesn't let Diabetes stop him, so I surely can't let my laziness stop me.



No comments:
Post a Comment