Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sportsmanship

Time to gush about my first born...

Yesterday, out of the blue I received an email from another mom who also happens to work at Zane's school.  She informed me that there was an assembly at school today and that I may want to be there and I might be pleasantly surprised.  Thank the Lord I have a flexible boss and job - gotta love the 1 day's notice.  I was very intrigued as to what this assembly might be about and why I should be there - obviously I knew it meant something good for Zane, but what?!  He didn't mention anything about the assembly last night, so we didn't either - maybe he didn't know either??  I took off from work this morning, headed home and grabbed Josh and up to school we walked...

We couldn't be more prouder of this kid.  They handed out 1 Sportsmanship Award to every grade level - Zane Alexander was called up first for the Kindergarteners!  Out of over 100 Kinders he was chosen by multiple staff as the most Sportsmanship like.  WOW.  He is known for cheering on all of his friends, even if they aren't on his team.  He is known for always helping a friend up when they fall and high fiving anyone who did a good job.  He is also known for always congratulating others who tried their best at something, but may not have succeeded that time.  He is an example to live by in most ways when it comes to this stuff!

I may or may not have shed a tear!

He had no idea this was happening - he was shocked and you could tell.  As soon as the principal (Mr. Wilson) called his name you could hear so many kids yelling "yay, Zane", it was so awesome.  Great Sportsmanship all around today from every single kid.  No one was upset that one person got one over another - everyone was happy for each other - it was awesome.

Here's my boy...










No comments: