As cliche as it may sound - I really wish time would slow down a little. I swear Zane was just born yesterday and here he is moving on to 1st grade! This has been an amazing year for Zane - he has grown leaps and bounds since the first day of school. He has not only grown academically, but he has grown physically and most importantly he has grown in maturity. Of course he's still a boy and thinks farts and burps are hilarious - but he is such a sweet boy and so kind hearted to those around him (except maybe not always to his brother!). Zane has made so many great friends this year and many of them are ones I think he'll have for years to come. We are so proud to call this boy our son.
My how he has grown up! You don't really realize it until you compare photos side by side!
Due to the rain soaking the grass, the class picnic was held inside the classroom! Zane's wonderful teacher Mrs. Boysen started to cry when she talked about this class. She has been teaching for 17 years and said she can honestly say that this has been her favorite class. She is a very genuine person, I believe her when she says this. Having met all of Zane's class and so many of the parents, I can see why she'd say that. This has really been a wonderful group of kids - the perfect mix of silly and serious! Mrs. Boysen handed each child a "diploma" congratulating them on moving on to 1st grade! The kids loved walking up to grab theirs!

After we all ate our lunches - we headed outside to the Kindergarten Corral for the last time to play! Next school year they will not be allowed to play in there anymore - it'll be only for the new K students! One of the moms did face painting and there was sidewalk chalk and bubbles galore! The kids ran around crazy and the parents all chatted and promised plans of playdates over the summer! I could've stayed out there for hours doing this - it was awesome.
 |
Zane & Quinn
|
 |
| Zane & Rihtik (one of his best buds) |
It was now time to head back into the classroom; pack up our stuff and say our good-byes (or see-ya-later's). This was more emotional for me (and for some of the kids) than I had expected it to be. It's like the ending of an era!
 |
| Zane & Mrs. Boysen |
 |
| Zane & Davis (another one of his best buds) |
 |
| Quinn, Zane, Natalie & Rihtik |
No comments:
Post a Comment