Sunday, April 27, 2014

Donuts for Dads

Last Friday, Zane's school held an event for dad's called Donuts for Dad before school.  I had told Josh about this a few times and Zane was very excited for it.  Apparently, when telling Josh about it - I neglected to tell him what time it started (whoops)!!! Regardless though, the event was supposed to be from 7:45-8:30 a.m. - they arrived at 8:20 and it was already cleaned up (apparently they ran out of donuts by 8:10) :(  So even if I didn't tell him the time - they were still there with 10 mins to spare and it was already over - very disappointing.  When Josh texted me this information that morning - I was so upset. My heart broke for Zane.  I knew he was so upset.

I pick Zane up from school on Friday's, so after picking him up we headed to Krispy Kreme to grab a donut just for him and daddy so they could have their own "Donuts for Dad" at home that night!  He was happy about that and I think...I hope it made up for him missing it that morning.


No comments: