Two downers about the musical:
1. It was at 1:30 on a Wednesday afternoon. I was so upset when I got the email with this information. Every other grade in the school had their concerts in the evening - but there's was in the middle of a work day. Of course I don't mind using vacation time to go see his play - but there were so many other parents (like Josh) who couldn't be there because of the time conflicting with their work (or in his case, sleep) schedules. Thankfully you can purchase a DVD of the musical (which we did), so we can show it to those who missed, but still a bummer.
2. Half of the school also came to watch the musical (the other half watched the earlier performance) - that is great, but they had the students all sit on the floor and the chairs for the parents were behind all of those kids. I get that the kids are smaller and should be in front - but com'n - how are we parents supposed to take good pictures of our kids' acting debuts with hundreds of children in front of us - putting us so far back. Had I known that before going, I would've grabbed my longer lens for my camera (already grabbed my medium one thinking that was good enough). Oh well - live and learn!
Regardless of those downers - they did great and I am so glad that I was able to watch him perform with his classmates!
After the show I went to talk to his music teacher and I received one of the best compliments a parent can get. She said she loved having Zane in her class and that he was "on it" and regularly used him as an example to other kids on how they should be acting! That's my boy!
These are the best pictures I could get.
Thankfully parents were dismissed before the actors,
so I was able to grab this quick shot up front before leaving!
Also grabbed a shot of him walking back to his classroom afterwards.
His socks are over his pants from the play - thankfully he doesn't normally dress like that!
I headed back up to school to pick him up after school was out and we
went out for a little fro yo to celebrate his big debut!





No comments:
Post a Comment