Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Film Crew

No big deal...we just had a little film crew follow Landon and I to pick up Zane from school today and then follow us back home and set up shop in our home and film an interview with yours truly and Zane-man...just an average day in the Alexander house!

Group Health (where I just so happen to work) is upping their sponsorship with JDRF this year and to try and promote the walks/runs that JDRF puts on in the Puget Sound area they (GH) are filming some key people (two of those people are Zane and I) to help with their promotion!  A few weeks ago I was asked if we'd be willing to participate and we obviously jumped at the chance.  Everyone needs wants their 15 mins of fame, right?  Haha, no - quite the opposite.  I might be out-going, but I am extremely self-conscious and not a fan of being on film and especially not in hearing my own voice on film - yuck.  But in the name of Zane and in the name of promoting JDRF and Type 1 Diabetes research...tell me where to sign up!

We had a pre-interview last week and today was filming day.  It was pretty embarrassing walking up to school with a camera following us - we got quite a few looks from cars slowing down wondering what is going on (no filming was done at the school and/or of other kids).  I'm sure they were thinking that there is a Housewives of Snoqualmie Ridge in the making - haha!  Once we were out of the public eye - it was more relaxed and a little less intimidating.  I'm curious to see how they edit it - I'm sure of our 30 mins of talking, only 2-3 mins will be used; but hopefully they are an important 2-3 minutes to get the message across!

Once the final piece is done (should be in a few weeks), I'll post a link so our awaiting fans can see. We'll be signing autographs at select locations in April :)!  kidding!
Nothing quite like being filmed while eating!



They wanted to capture Zane helping with dinner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Zona is very proud of my daughter and grandson

Brooke Buckingham said...

I love the last picture of Zane. He looks so grown up and handsome. Can't wait to see the video!