Saturday, March 8, 2014

Basketball Shinanigans

The boys are still in basketball every Saturday - secretly can't wait for it to be over!  As hectic as weeknights are, I'd much prefer they did their sports then - I like my Saturdays to be free!  Anyway, couple more weeks to go.  Those couple of weeks seem like a lifetime to Landon - he still is not a lover of the game!  I think he is more not a lover of spending an hour out there and honestly, I too think that is a little long for 3-4 year olds.  I also think he is the youngest kid on his team and he is by far the smallest kid; so I can see how it might not be so "fun" for him.  But he's doing his best and he's doing a great job at making me laugh (and at times lose my mind).



 His coaches are great.  They always make sure that he gets the ball during their "games" and one of them always lifts him up so he can make a basket.  He's the only kid they do that too - probably because he's the smallest and can throw it nowhere near the hoop!  I'm glad they do that - he gets so happy after he "makes a basket" - comes running over telling me "I did it, I did it"!


Zane of course is loving every minute out on the court.  He has to be reminded at times to pass the ball and to not grab/fight for the ball from a teammate - but he's learning!  He is just a plain ol' ball hog to put it bluntly!  But he's doing great - he makes just about every basket he shoots and is really getting good at his dribbling!  I love watching him play.

These pictures aren't of him really playing, but just waiting for his turn to shoot a basket - I just thought he looked cute!



I just love his profile - he's so darn adorable!

No comments: