Sunday, September 8, 2013

Vacation Post 1

Sort of last minute we booked a trip to San Diego to take the boys on a quick vacation and focused our trip around Legoland!  We were fortunate enough to stay in the new Legoland Hotel for our first two nights!  This hotel was nothing short of spectacular!  A dream come true for any Lego lover out there!

After a little countdown - the day had finally come!

The boys did great on the plane - thanks to a couple of iPads!
To think when we were kids, we had to color or read to make time go by on an airplane!!

First stop - Josh's favorite California restaurant - 50/50 Slaters!
Highly recommend it if you are in the CA area anytime!


After stopping for dinner we headed to the hotel!  The boys couldn't believe their peepers when we stepped foot inside that place and honestly, neither could I!  I told Josh that I don't think I've ever taken so many pictures of "things" and not people in my life - but the Lego creations all over the hotel (and later all over Legoland) just excited me!  I just couldn't get over how many Legos there were and how creative people are/were!

First - onto our room...

The boys were in heaven - a bunk bed AND their very own TV!



This little guy was on top of a treasure safe - boys had to do a scavenger hunt to
figure out the code to get in and claim their booty!

On the wall above our bed.

On the bathroom wall.
Now, onto some of the awesome figures and features of the hotel...



There were "pools" of Legos.all.over!






The bathrooms signs cracked me up!



1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Thank you for putting up so many pictures! Looks like you guys had an awesome time! We're going to LEGOLAND just for one day next month, now I'm thinking we should have sprang for the LEGOLAND Hotel, amazing!

Hope Zane has a great 1st day today!