Zane made his Kindergarten debut this morning! He has seriously been waiting for this day to come for at least 2 years - its something he has always wanted to do...go to Kindergarten! I on the other hand have been dreading this day. Like my friend Lori put it - the first day of school is both sad and happy. I'm so happy that he's growing up, thriving and EXCITED about school and those are things that I hope never change. At the same time, I am sad that he's growing up and less and less my baby (although last night he let me know that he'd always be my baby). I was/am scared to death to leave his Diabetes in the care of the school - the teachers who don't know a lot about it, the nurse who is only there part time and with Zane who I already feel has to manage too much of it himself for such a young age. I of course shed a few tears this morning after dropping him off, but made my day busy with errands and Landon (I plan to take the first day of school off every year until they graduate just like my mom did for us kids)! I received a text from the school nurse one hour after leaving him there letting me know of his blood sugar (390 - way too high, but all thanks to adrenaline) - but that text is just what I needed even if a high number...it was a text to remind me that someone was looking after him and he wasn't lost in a sea of students. I received a few more texts from the nurse throughout the day with updates on his numbers (only one low today - yippee) - all were little reminders that he WILL BE OK and he will be cared for as he should be.
After picking him up today I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he promptly replied with "playing at recess"! I asked him what he did at recess and he said "the monkey bars the most"! I asked him what his least favorite part of the day was and he said "nothing, I pretty much just loved it all"! Success!
Here are the much awaited for first day pictures! I took a ton (shocking, I know) and had a hard time picking a favorite...so picked my top ones!
 |
Walking to school - love that we are close enough to do this!
We are so close that it would almost be embarrassing if we didn't! |
 |
| Zane and his teacher Mrs. Boysen |
 |
Love this picture - Landon just kept saying all day
that Zane was "at his new big school"! He asked about him
many times today! |
2 comments:
YEAH! Love when everything just works. Fabulous :)
Love the pic of the boys hugging!
Post a Comment