Yesterday was our much anticipated Beat the Bridge to Beat Diabetes fundraising walk and yes of course, we had Team Zane out there again! Zane was not feeling 100% yesterday and his blood sugars weren't helping at all, but he persevered and did awesome! He started the walk with a blood sugar of 480 and ended with a blood sugar of 37 - that roller coaster didn't stop him one bit, he walked and ran the entire 4 miles! I am always proud of him, but yesterday was the icing on the cake - he is my little hero! No one but another Type 1 will understand how crappy you feel with an extremely high or low blood sugar, including myself, I have no idea what it feels like, but from what I've heard its pure hell - so for him to push through like that made a mama proud to say the least.
Be prepared for a photo-dump!









No comments:
Post a Comment