My dad called me from Arizona at 6:30 Saturday morning and it took me a few seconds to figure out what that noise was (the sound of my phone ringing) during my adventures in dreamland - I looked down and saw it was him calling and my first thought was "I'll call him back, I'm sleeping"...then I got frantic and started thinking "he never calls me, why is he calling me so early in the morning...is it Hans, my brother's, someone else??" (these thoughts were seriously going through my head while the phone was still ringing on my floor) - its weird that the first person I thought he could be calling about was Hans - again, since I have never actually met him. I reached down to grab the phone right when it went to voicemail (that's what I get for thinking so much). I quickly called him right back and he broke the news (wanting to tell me personally before I read it on the blog)...little Hans lost his battle with Neuroblastoma cancer after 6 courageous years. Hans' mom Lara said it best..."His little body put up a better fight than it ever should have had to, and now it is restored to perfect health and beauty."
There are a lot of things in life that I feel aren't fair, a lot of things that I really wish I knew God's reasoning for - this is probably one of the biggest "wonders" I have - why should any parent have to watch their child fight and suffer for so long and ultimately have to bury them?? I guess I won't know the answer to that until I get to heaven someday. I truly think that is one thing that I am not strong enough to handle...
My heart goes out to the Weberling family. Heaven gained one beautiful angel this last week.
I look forward to meeting this family next month at Hans' memorial service...I just wish I could've met Hans too.
Hans is pictured here 2.5 weeks before diagnosis, he was a mere 3 years old.

1 comment:
Well put Lisa! My thoughts and prayers are with his family!
Post a Comment