Sunday, September 9, 2012

Huntington Beach

We are back!  Did you miss us?!!
I took over 500 pictures and am starting to go through them.  I am sure no one reading this blog wants to see all 500 (but if you do, I'm happy to share, haha)...so I'll do my best to narrow it down a bit.  There will be multiple posts from our week's vacation and will probably take me a couple of days to finish! 

We arrived in sunny California around 9:30 a.m. on Monday, September 3rd, picked up our rental car and headed to Anaheim (we flew into Long Beach) and thankfully we were able to check into our hotel early!  After getting settled into our new home for the next week we headed off to my sister Shauna's and her husband Jake's house and then to Huntington Beach!  Well, the girls and the little boys went to the beach while the big boys went to empty a few pint glasses!  Landon fell asleep about 20 mins from the beach (after having gotten up at 5 a.m. and no nap in between) and he was NOT happy to be woken up for a some sand and waves!



So to add insult to injury I decided to give him a taste of the California surf - you can tell...he was again, less than pleased!





He recovered and finally calmed down a little bit, but was still less than happy.  Poor buddy was just so tired.




 As soon as we got there, Zane told me there was no way he was going into the water!  I decided that was just not going to be an option!  Once I took him out slowly and showed him how to stand in the waves and {hopefully} not get knocked over - he decided to give it a whirl - turns out...he LOVED it!  He told me he really wanted to surf - I reminded him, he should probably learn how to swim first!



After some fun in the waves - Landon attempted to take a little nap and Zane covered himself in sand!







We were very hungry after our time at the beach - so met up with the big boys and headed to
50/50 Slaters for dinner!  This was Josh's one main request for our trip - that we go there for dinner one night!  We saw this place on the Food Network and it looked like a place to try...it did not disappoint!  This is a picture of Josh's burger - if you're not a red meat fan, you're probably grossing out - but mmmm, it was delicious!!



Sadly, due to our busy schedule and my sister's busy work schedule this was the only day we saw them - we had a great time though and can't wait to see them again...hopefully soon!

No comments: