Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Children's Follow-Up

We had Zane's first follow-up appointment at Children's Hospital today (we will be having these every 3 mos from here on out). I was a little nervous for the appointment since this is all still so new to us, I was worried we may be screwing something up. They said Zane's numbers have been GREAT over the last 3 weeks and we are doing everything right. They did not have to make any adjustments to his regimen as of right now. There will be changes down the road because that is the story with this disease, nothing stays the same for long, things are always changing, but for now we are all doing great! Zane did really well at our appointments and I think he enjoyed having the day with just mommy & daddy (Landon stayed home with grandma and grandpa). We went to lunch afterwards and really did have a good day just the 3 of us!

I just have to put it out here that I am SO proud of Zane and how well he has been handling this change in his life. He has adjusted to it better than me that's for sure. He doesn't cry when we have to poke his finger and he takes his shots like a total champ. I am still having a really hard time with his diagnosis and the post-partum pregnancy hormones aren't helping either! I don't like that this is something he has to live with forever, I don't like that he is different than other kids his age, but with the way he has been handling these changes in his life its made it a little easier for me to accept. Zane is such a hero to me.

Entertaining himself (and us) at our appointment:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brings tears to my eyes reading your update. Way to go Zane you are such a trooper. You amaze me keep being you!

Megan