Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Gift of Sleep

My birthday was a couple of days ago and although I received some pretty nice gifts and was taken out to a pretty yummy dinner...the best gift I received was the gift of sleep! My in-laws had me and both little boys over for the night before my birthday and they took care of Landon ALL NIGHT for me, so I could sleep! I chose to take this opportunity to snuggle with Zane all night, so I didn't get a solid night's sleep, but a lot better than the previous 3 weeks (4 weeks if you count the week at Children's)! It felt so good to sleep all night! The best part...they have offered to do it again anytime I need it (unfortunately, that doesn't mean every night, haha)! I hope someday soon this kiddo gets his days and nights figured out and gives me more than 3 hours of sleep in one night, but until then I'll cherish our nights together and look forward to the next time grandma and grandpa want him for a night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand and can relate completely. The gift of sleep is a GRAND thing. Too bad we didn't live closer...Mason and Landon could be awake together. In time but for now think sleep!

Best Regards,
Megan Stoemmer