Anyway, that is the update for now. Now, I need to fight with him to eat his breakfast...ugh!
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Blood Sugar Update
Zane's blood sugar should always be around 150 they are telling me...every day we've been here its been between 175-450 (usually in the 300-400's). Last night I was able to escape the hospital for the first time since getting here and headed out to get my hair colored (holy crap its dark!!)...I received a text message from Josh informing me that Zane's blood sugar was 125!! AMEN, finally came down! Once I got back from getting my hair it was my turn to check his BS before going to bed...it was 124 (yahoo, still down)! Now, we kind of get into the question of is it getting too low. Nurse told me as long as it doesn't go below 90 we are fine. I checked his BS again at 3 a.m. and it was 142!!! Just checked it again before breakfast (that I'm currently fighting him to eat) and it was 157! We are within range/target, yahoo!!! Of course the docs have reminded me that this will fluctuate a lot, but I'm just so happy he finally has met or been around target at least once, so I do know its possible! The nurse did inform me that we ARE scheduled to discharge today! I'm very happy to hear that. I'm very scared at the same time though. Once we leave here its all on our shoulders, we won't have nurses/docs telling us every minute what to do and when to do it...I normally don't like being told what to do, but in this case I highly appreciate it. Anyway, we will manage, we have no other choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Our thoughts and prayers are with you! If there antyhing we can do, please let us know, we mean it - anything. Neimeh
Yay! So glad to hear his numbers are in the right range and you get to go home. And even though the timing is tricky, it's great that you get a few days to focus on how to care for Zane before the fun of a newborn is added to the mix. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas at home!
What a trooper way to go Zane!
Glad to hear Zane's blood sugar is settling down and you all get to go home. I agree this will be scary, but I know you and Josh will do great!
Hugs, love and prayers,
Holly and Michael
Post a Comment