Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just a virus?!

I took Zane to the doctor yesterday because his fever was over 103 and he was showing no signs of getting better after many doses of Tylenol! The doc checked him all over and noticed his throat was very red and swabbed it thinking it might be strep. After waiting outside of the lab for about 15 mins we got the news that the swab came back negative. Normally that is a good thing, but for his doctor and I we were hoping for it to be positive so he could start on some antibiotics and nip this thing in the bud. But instead its just as silly virus that has to run its course.

Waiting outside the lab with a sucker in mouth and stickers in hand!


My in-laws watch Zane every Wednesday, so it was good they were here today to be with him. He was running a fever still off and on all day. With my upcoming maternity leave and the fact my boss is out of the country on vacation right now I just can't miss any work if at all possible. Josh is down a couple of tech's at work and also cannot miss any work. My wonderful in-laws were gracious enough to take Zane home with them tonight so they could watch him again tomorrow. It seriously broke my heart letting him go tonight, I felt so guilty as a mom that I couldn't take care of my baby. I know he is in great hands, but I want those hands to be mine. I know this is best for us all, but it just breaks my heart...damn hormones!!

On his way to grandma and papa's house with his back-pack full of toys!


I am really hoping the little guy is better by Friday because I am supposed to accompany Josh to his company holiday party, but I can't send him to a my best friend's house Friday night if he's still got a fever! Think happy thoughts that this virus is gone tomorrow!

No comments: