Friday, February 26, 2010

Front Page News!

Over the last week I've started trying to get Zane more familiar with doing his business on the potty. By all means I haven't started full-on potty training, but started trying to be a little more consistent with having him sit on the potty everyday at least once. Every time he's sat on the potty he has pee'd and he gets so excited! We have a piece of paper above the toilet that he gets to put a sticker on every time he goes potty. He loves stickers, so it seemed like a good prize and so far its been working well. We've always told him if he goes poop on the potty he'd get TWO stickers (hey, that's a big deal to him)! He has had NO desire to go poop on the potty, he has many times told me (in a very whiny, almost crying voice) "no, I go poo-poo in my diaper"...oh boy!

Well, that all changed tonight folks, my little boy went poop in the potty ALL BY HIMSELF, with no coaxing from me at all! He went pee before getting in the tub as usual and while in the bath he yelled out to me that he had to pee...which I didn't really believe him since he had just gone, but whatever, I got him out and put him back on the toilet and as I was standing there talking to him, I noticed that all to familiar "poop face" and just about died...holy cow was he really doing it?? YEP, he did it...Zane went poop in the potty, this date is going down in my record books forever! Yes, I know that this could be a one time thing for right now and I'm ok with that if it is...because at least I know he's capable of it! He was so proud of himself and couldn't wait to call daddy upstairs to see his work!!

So as we promised, he got 2 stickers and we also told him he gets to go to the store tomorrow and pick out a new hotwheel!!!





1 comment:

Andrea said...

Woohoo! That is exciting, run with it and get that boy potty trained;) My boys were so hard to train and Bryson has finally gone a couple weeks accident-free. Sounds like Zane may be a lot easier:)