Tonight was my birthday dinner with my step-dad Michael and his wife Holly, but it was also the last time we were going to see them before they move to Arizona this weekend. My family life ( as in parents) has been pretty dysfunctional over the last 7 years and it definitely hasn't been easy to deal with. One thing has always been stable though and that is Michael. Even after my mom left, he stood by me and stayed my parent even though legally he didn't have to. Michael has been in my life since I was 9 and I know he'll be in my life forever. There is nothing I want more than for him to know how much I love and appreciate him. I'm very sad to see them go. On the other hand; I can't wait to go down and visit and I'm also very happy for them, that they are going somewhere that they want to go and I know they will be happy there too.
I love you dad and can't wait to see you soon.
Here are a few pics from our dinner tonight.



2 comments:
We'll miss all of you, too. But, will have a great time when you visit us...soon!
Hugs, Holly and Michael
Really special post Lisa and we hope your family's moving down to Arizona goes well for them.
Post a Comment