Friday, January 8, 2010

Zane's T.V. Debut!

Zane (& I) were filmed by King5 News today, but it won't air for a couple weeks. His doctor's office has started a new program in the well-child visit to address dental care as well as their regular well-child care. Starting at about 6-9 mos they will start by putting a flouride varnish on the baby's teeth and repeat that up to 3 times a year at the well-child visits to help prevent cavaties in the baby teeth. King5 was doing a story on this and they needed a child to partake and that child was Zane! Yes, he's older than 6-9 mos, but they wanted an older child for the news story, a child with more teeth than a 6-9 mos child! My little man did so good! He wasn't happy about the varnish being applied, but aside from that, he did great! I was very nervous about my little interview and am secretly hoping they edit me out completely, but if not, then that's ok too! Hey Brooke I asked the producer that was here if she knew you and of course she did!! She had to correct me on your name though (duh, like I didn't know), I asked her if she knew Brooke Corbett and she goes "yeah, she's Buckingham now"...ugh, I knew that, I just spaced, I'm sorry!!!

Anyway, if you'd like to catch this little news bit and you live in western Washington set your DVR's for the 8 a.m. news on Thursday, January 21 on KONG (channel 6 in most areas).

It was fun, but I've learned I am not cut out to be on t.v....its hard for me to ignore this huge camera staring at me, hard to not feel self-conscious, and hard for the cameraman to ask me a question and not be allowed to look at him to answer it.

No comments: