Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fun at Mt. Rainier!

Josh and I took Zane up to Mt. Rainier yesterday to experience some real snow and some first time sledding! Zane LOVED sledding, but tired out of it pretty quick as we had expected.







Here is a video of his first time ever sledding!












After a little hot chocolate and exploring inside the visitor's center we decided to head back out into the snow. This time Zane was in his pack and Josh and I had the chance to break in our snow-shoes some more. Not sure how it worked out this way, but Josh had Zane in the pack on the way down the hill and I somehow was lucky enough to tote this 33 lbs kiddo back up the hill! It was a great work-out to say the least and Zane did a fantastic job in the pack, just like his mommy he is fascinated with water-falls, so it was fun to find some of those along the way!





I love my little family so much!




Love this man to pieces even after all these years!!


After a few hours in the snow we started to head back home and our goal was to keep the little man awake long enough to get to a restaurant for lunch. We stopped for lunch at an over-priced, small portions, not the best food ever train restaurant in Elbe that I would not recommend to anyone! After lunch, the little man fell fast asleep and slept for almost 3.5 hours!!

2 comments:

Sylvia Cook Photography said...

It looks like a really great day Lisa. Love your family photos! And gorgeous weather too!

Brooke Buckingham said...

CUTE pictures!! What a great outing and my hat's off to you for hiking up a hill, in the snow, with a 33lbs human being on your back!