Thursday, December 4, 2008

Update on Poor Zane

So I talked to Zane's regular pediatrician today and she said that "yes" I am to give him the steroid today and to actually do it now opposed to waiting until tonight since he threw it up. She also said she doubts the steroid made him throw up, but that it was probably the muscle spasms themselves.

I just went over to daycare to give him the 2nd dose and he had just had an Albuteral inhaler treatment so was doing pretty good. She said he was doing a lot better. He was happy, talking, playing so it was nice to see. I gave him the steroid and apologized if he threw it up later. Her response was "wouldn't be the first time a kid threw up here"! Love it! Anyway, she was just about to put him down for another nap.

The doctor also is perscribing another inhaler for him. This one needs to be done morning and night. This inhaler is to be done at the 1st sign of a cold from now on. So the first sight of a runny nose that thing comes out of the closet! She is thinking in by doing this it will help ward off the bronchial muscle problems and the wheezing hopefully won't start. IF the wheezing does still come on with the next cold, then we'll do the Albuteral inhaler as needed as well.

Zane has not been officially diagnosed with Asthma as they won't do that until they are at least 2. The doc is un-officially saying he might have "cold-induced" Asthma...because he is totally fine any other time except when he gets a cold.

Ok, thats my update and I'm happy to report I think we are on the upswing of things!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Glad to hear things are getting better!!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Poor guy! I'm glad that he's on the upswing. Hopefully he stays that way.