Not sure if Josh and I were brave or stupid to try and get into work this morning, but we braved the weather and after many hours arrived safely. Just by coincidence today my inlaws were watching Zane at our house so I didn't have to take him into daycare (normally they watch him on Wednesdays, not Thursdays). On days that my inlaws watch Zane I usually ride with Josh into Seattle to take him to work and then I drive I-90 over to Bellevue. Even though mileage wise its a lot longer of a drive its a lot faster than me taking 405 by myself (normally have Zane as carpool). This morning was no different, we headed into Seattle like usual on "non-Zane" days and "wow" is all I can say! Leaving Federal Way there was no problem, freeway totally fine...by the time we got North of Southcenter it was a whole other story. We had to stop in Seattle to chain up, only to find out that our chains don't fit our new tires...so Josh was able to get us un-stuck w/o them thankfully. After dropping him off in Capital Hill away I went to get to I-90. On one of the main roads to get there I was on a really thick patch of ice and kept sliding into the curb and boucing back off, I felt like a ball in a pin-ball machine. No damage to the car thankfully and thankfully it was a curb I was ping-ponging off of and not another car. I-90 was treterous and not something I want to experience again. After 3 hours in the car I clocked into work at 9:23 a.m.! I was out of there by 1:00 p.m. because the snow was not stopping and I needed to get home so my inlaws had time to get home safe. Josh is still at work and will be taking the train home tonight! Well, I wanted snow and I guess I need to be careful for what I wish for!
I-5 this morning!

Downtown Seattle.

The view outside of my work.

This is my car after only 3.5 hours...about 4-6 inches of snow. Crazy!

Does it have to actually snow on Christmas to be considered a "White Christmas" or can there be left-over snow on the ground to be considered it?!!
No comments:
Post a Comment