Saturday, December 27, 2008

Trouble on the homefront.

Two of our water mains broke today. We aren't sure if it was due to partial freezing or what. Anyway, we have been without running water since about 1:00 p.m. today, what fun! Thankfully, a good friend of mine is out of town and I have a key to her place so we will be able to at least shower tomorrow if our water isn't back on by then! Of course this happened while I had clothes in the wash and the dishwasher running!!

As of right now the city is still out working on the water mains. They have brought a back-ho in and torn up our street completely. One of the pump trucks actually fell through the concrete so they had to bring in a tow truck to get him out. Its been an adventure that is for sure!!! Thank God for home owners associations and for our lovely dues to help pay for this madness.

The site we came home to tonight after the wedding. Our garage was blocked for a good hour, but thankfully we are allowed inside now!


1 comment:

Cori said...

Holy cow! I couldn't tell what the picture was that you sent to me on my cell, but now I know!!!! I'm so sorry! I hope it all gets fixed soon for you guys:)