Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another hard day at work!

So I drove to daycare this morning as I do almost every other day of the week and to my surprise my daycare lady was sicker than a dog and hadn't called me. This is the 2nd time that has happened. When I say sick, I don't mean she just has a bad cold, I mean she had to run to the bathroom to yak while I was there this morning. WHY COULDN'T SHE HAVE CALLED ME!!! Anyway, it was apparent she wouldn't be able to watch Zane or any other child today that is for sure. I had NO supplies with me and I had to go into work for at least the morning. I drove to work and met my boss in the parking garage and explained what had happened. She said not to worry and to bring him on up. Co-workers scrounged up food they had at their desks for Zane today and the Pediatric department supplied me with diapers and the Espresso cart supplied me with milk for the day. Zane did so well. He played in my office most of the day and really was a trooper. Getting him down for a nap was a whole other ball game. He normally goes down around 8 a.m. and again around noon or 1 and today I finally got him down around 2:45 p.m. and that only lasted about 40 mins (better than nothing).

Needless to say I will be having a chat with daycare when he goes back on Thursday. She needs to have common courtesy to call me (even if its at 2 a.m.) and let me know she is sick and has to close so I don't drive 45 mins to get there and have nothing for him for the day. To me that is common knowledge, but apparently its not to everyone.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the cutie from today.

Playing with whatever we could find for him.


Playing in one of the exam rooms!


Starting to fade!


Fast asleep on my office floor.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow! I cannot believe that she didn't call you? Looks like Zane had a fun day with you though, did you actually accomplish any work?