Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Snow

Snow in November on the west side of the state is almost unheard of, so when there was a prediction for snow last Saturday - I laughed!

Then I woke up to this:


I'm not complaining, I love the snow!  And this snow was the best kind of snow in my book.  It looked beautiful falling, it stuck only to the grass and the streets stayed pretty clear - and it melted within 2 days!  I remember going to school in Ellensburg and getting pounded with snow...I loved it when the season first started, but then it just fell cold and the snow froze and stuck around for.ever! The pretty white snow became gross dirty snow and again, stuck around for.ever!  This west-side snow is more my type!

I drove to pick up the boys and they were so excited to get home and see how much snow we had - they just had a little dusting at grandma and papa's I guess.  This picture above is on our drive back on Hwy 18.  I had to pull over and take a photo, it was just so pretty to me!

The boys couldn't get into their snow clothes fast enough!





Josh and our neighbor Jim keeping warm with some ice cold beers while keeping an eye on the kids :)

I hope this was the first of many snow falls this season - last year we were pretty jipped!

1 comment:

Maierhof said...

Haha! I laughed when I read your description of Eburg snow and west side snow. Too funny but true!