Sunday, April 14, 2013

Playground Fun - Surprise Sunshine

If I'm remembering correctly the forecast for this weekend's weather was rain, rain and a little more rain.  Yesterday that forecast was proven right over and over.  We headed to a birthday party about 30 mins from our house and it poured the entire way there and the entire way home...when we got home, we had snow all over the ground!  I guess its a blessing and a curse to live near a mountain pass :)  Zane thought the snow was the coolest thing...I just wanted a sign that spring would actually make a permanent appearance!

Today it has been gorgeous!  Still chilly, definitely cloudy, but so far no rain and a pretty good dose of sunshine - I'll take it!

Zane and I headed over to his new elementary school's playground today to check it out...he's pretty excited to have recess now!





I have decided to take the plunge and try to start running again - its been a loooong time.  But I'm finally living in a neighborhood that feels safe and has sidewalks everywhere...I really don't have an excuse not to.  Yesterday morning I took the boys out - Zane road his bike and I attempted to jog while pushing Landon in the stroller.  To say I am out of shape is a major understatement, but baby steps right?!  Anyway, on our way home from the playground today, Zane asked if I wanted to run home with him and I told him that I don't enjoy running in jeans, but would definitely run with him next time.  He asked if he could run home and I said "of course" thinking he'd go 1/2 a block and stop to walk...nope, kid ran all of the way home.  Its not that far, but I was so impressed.  He said he'd like to go running with me sometime - I'm sure he'll smoke me, but I'd love the company!


2 comments:

Brooke Buckingham said...

That's funny!

Lori said...

How cute is that?! If you and Zane go on a run together, please have someone take a picture. : )