Thursday, April 4, 2013

Big Boy Bed

I had no intentions in transitioning Landon from his crib to his toddler bed anytime soon.  I actually specifically told Josh when we were still in the old house that when he set up the beds in the new house if I wasn't there to NOT turn Landon's bed into a toddler one.  Landon has yet to ever climb out of his crib, so I didn't see the need to transition him...and I kind of liked the idea of him being contained!  But my biggest reservation was that I wasn't ready for him to grow up, I didn't want him to not be a baby anymore and to officially be a toddler.

As Josh was putting Landon's crib together at the house, he realizeed that the one side broke in the move.  It was salvagable, he could've jimmy-rigged it to get it on...but I told him to go ahead and putt he toddler side on.  I knew it would be easier and less work for Josh, but I won't lie...I was concerned on how Landon would do.  Not only would he be in a new house and a new bedroom that night, but now a new-ish bed.  I was prepared for the worse.  Zane transitioned to his toddler bed with no issues at all, so naturally I figured I'd have a ton of issues with Landon since this are 100% opposite in almost everything!  I really hate being wrong...but in this case, I was so glad I was wrong!  Landon has done WONDERFUL!  He has given us no problem at all, he has slept perfectly all night and each nap ever since we made the change!

Ahhh...my big boy (but always still my baby).


1 comment:

Kristin said...

But look at that grin!! Happy boy (even if bittersweet for mom). :)