It was very handy to have the reception in the same hotel we were staying in so I could easily run to the room to change diapers and get Landon in his jammies and then head right back to the party!
It was so fun to see family that we haven't seen in years and it was great to watch the kids dance and play and just have a good time - everyone had a good time!
Seriously the most amazing tasting cake I think I've ever had - looked pretty too!
As with most weddings, the maid of honor and the best man gave toasts. Zane watched these toasts very intently and asked me what they were doing. I explained to him that they were saying nice things about Shauna and Jake because it was their special day. He asked me if he could say something - I was a little taken back. I told him that I thought that would be fine and told him to run up after the maid of honor was done and ask if he could say something. I didn't think he would. He did! Zane walked up to the front all by himself and stood there in front of at least 100 people and in the microphone said "I love my Jake and my Shauna"...I had tears instantly, I couldn't believe it, I was so proud of him. Everyone just started cheering when he was done. I REALLY wish I would've had the foresight to record him talking, but I don't think I thought he'd really do it...I was able to quickly snap two pictures though, so you'll just have to trust me that he did it!
There was plenty of dancing!
Zane was obviously having a great time - he decided to strip down a little!
Around 8:30, Landon was at the end of his rope, it was well past his bedtime and he was beyond finished for the day - while trying to get him to calm down, he stopped fussing and looked at me and said in the cutest, saddest voice "all done, all done"! So that was it...it was time for us to head back to the room.
Goodnight!









No comments:
Post a Comment