After getting in - we headed out to see some animals! The weather was PERFECT today - the animals were all pretty much out and ready to be viewed!
We found out that Casper Babypants was scheduled to play around 2, I have never heard his music before, but have heard from some friends that he is great and that kids really like him, so I wanted to make sure we saw him. It was pretty funny, after we got to the grassy lawn and found our spot, Josh looked over at the "merchandise tent" and said "that's Chris Ballew" and I asked him who that was (I'm terrible with artists' names) and he informed me he used to be Presidents of the United States of America. We pondered a few minutes as to why he would be there...then Josh took Zane over to look at the merchandise (ended up buying two CD's) and quickly realized that Chris Ballew is now Caspar Babypants - kinda crazy!
Ok - moving on...the show was great, the sun was beating down to where it was almost hot, Zane danced his little booty off and Josh and I had a great time watching the kids go nuts over this guy! Landon was beyond ready for naptime, so he was only mildy entertained, but he still did great all things considered.
Here, Zane is leading Landon to the "dance" area! Landon didn't last long!
Zane dancing his little heart out! See below for a video!
The man we were celebrating today - I love him!!
Poor Landon, just wanted to go to sleep!
After watching Caspar we headed out to look at more animals!! I LOVE the penguins, they are so stinkin' cute!!
Landon finally got his nap...or a little bit of one anyway!
Awake and ready to pet some goats!!
Landon was so funny - he has never been one to be attached to any one blanket or stuffed animal, but lately he has been loving his elephant "lovey" that I named "Ellie" when he goes to sleep (he likes to chew on her trunk - nice, I know)! I try to bring Ellie anytime I know we are going to be in a weird place that I will want him to sleep...but today I forgot Ellie. I gave him a couple of blankets and he cried and cried, but eventually fell asleep (as you saw above). After he woke up, he refused to put one of the blankets down, carried it throughout the rest of the zoo and threw a fit when I took it away to go pet the goats - and he's currently sleeping with it now...crazy kid!
I am so blessed to have married such a wonderful man - a man that is one of the best dad's I know. Josh loves his boys more than anything and will [and does] anything for them - I love to watch him interact with them. Josh helps me stay sane when the boys are driving me insane, he is an equal parent, never afraid to change one of Landon's grotesque diapers (trust me, they are terrible), assists in Zane's Diabetes regimen fully, is an authoritarian when needed, a coach, a teacher, a loving daddy always and their superhero! Thanks for being such a great daddy Josh, I couldn't do this without you!

























1 comment:
Looks like such fun! The hair is adorable! I love it!
Post a Comment