Saturday, February 25, 2012

Children's-Work-Mall

What a day Zane and I had yesterday and I don't mean that in a bad way...we had a great day!  Since we are thinking more and more about pursuing a pump and possibly a CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitor) for our little man - we are in the process of taking the "pre-requisits" before making a final decision!  One of those pre-req's is to meet with a social worker at Children's.  They just want to give you information on how pumping can impact your (and your child's) life, good and bad...well, not bad, but it does have pros and cons as with everything in life pretty much.  We lucked out in getting the same social worker we had when we were in admission at Children's, it was great to see her again!


After Zane's appointment, we headed back to my work so I could get a few hours in and not have to take an entire day of vacation!  I've said it before and I'll say it over and over, I have the most understanding and accommodating boss in history I think!  She never minds when I need to bring Zane in with me for a few hours (of course it can't be a daily thing though) and I'm pretty sure she is so understanding for a few reasons: 1. Even with Zane there, I always get my work done; 2. Zane is very well behaved when he is there with me, he brings his toys and movies and just entertains himself while I work and 3. She has two little boys of her own and knows what its like and also sometimes needs to bring them in herself!  THANKFULLY, yesterday was one of those days for reason #3 so Zane and her boys (Logan and Blake) could play and entertain each other and that they did!  Our office looked like a daycare most of the day, but we loved it and I know the boys did too!  Blake ended up going home with his daddy later in the afternoon, so Logan and Zane had the run of the mill!  They watched Cars2 on our big conference room TV and then played "baseball" in the conference room, which made me VERY nervous...but thankfully, nothing was left broken!



After work, Zane and I picked up Landon and headed to Bell Square to meet up with another friend and her son Alex - we haven't seen them in ages, so it was fun to catch up!  The boys played on the play area for awhile and then we had dinner.  After dinner, I surprised Zane with something that he didn't even know existed...a trip to the LEGO store!!!  He was in awe when we walked in there!  I am pretty sure this was the first of MANY trips to come for that little boy!  Alex has been several times before, so he was all over showing Zane the ropes of the store!  I let Zane build 3 LEGO guys and he asked me to leave the dome light on in the car the whole way home so he could look at them!!





Zane LOVES to push Landon in the stroller!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Once again we had identical experiences... Andrew's first trip to the Lego store was a surprise, he was in awe and I let him make 3 guys that he loved!! : ) We love that place but you have to be careful because those darn Legos are not cheap!

Good luck figuring out if the pump is the right thing for Zane.