Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday Night Soccer

Tonight was Zane's first Thursday night soccer, to be honest I was dreading it, work nights aren't the best nights to mess up our routine...but I have to say the night couldn't have been any better or gone any smoother!

As you might remember from an earlier post, we had originally signed up for a Saturday morning class, but due to some time changes in their schedule we had to change it up and do the Thursday night class instead. At first I was quite irritated with their mix up, but at the same time I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason (finding that "reason" can be tough sometimes though, I know) - well, after who we met tonight, I believe that little matra more than ever!  Zane has two coaches (coach Chris and coach Emma) not long after class started, I noticed something on coach Emma's waistline and realized very quickly that it was an insulin pump!!


Are you serious???  Did we really just fall into a soccer class that one of the coaches themselves deals with the same day to day stuff that Zane does??  I instantly just started beaming with excitement!  What are the odds?!  I know most of you will have no idea what this means to me, but trust me, it means a lot.  After class was over I walked up to her and said "I hope you don't mind me asking, but is that an insulin pump you are wearing" (not sure why, but that was one of the most awkward questions I've ever asked anyone - I think I was afraid I was totally wrong and she'd be like "what the heck are you talking about, its my cell phone", haha), she sort of lit up when I asked her the question and said "yeah!" and I told her that Zane was diagnosed a year ago and I could see the excitement in her eyes, she instantly said "oh my gosh, are you serious?  If you guys need anything, have any questions, want any 'non-doctor' answers, I've had it since I was 8 (she's 21 now) and I will answer any of your questions"!!  We talked a little more and it turns out she is a counselor at the camp we are planning on sending Zane to this summer (week long day camp for T1's), she is bringing us more information on the camp next week!  Ok, that was a long paragraph - that most you won't give a crap about, but I felt it was important to document, so there!

Now onto Zane - he did AWESOME tonight, those coaches ran those 4, 5, 6 year olds HARD!  I know that my little man will be sleeping good tonight!!!  Zane is gaining so much control over the ball and really starting to look like he knows what he is doing and I couldn't be more proud!








Little brother did great too!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

This just made me tear up... How perfect is that?! So cool! And Zane looks like he knows what he's doing, he's so stinkin' cute!