Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow-Birthday

All I can say is be careful for what you wish for...you might just get it and then some!  I was so hoping we'd get some snow last night and well...I think we received enough snow to last until...well at least this weekend when it warms up and all melts away!

I really was planning on going to work today, but after talking to Landon's daycare and learning that no one was getting on or off her street I figured work wasn't worth me risking personal injury or loss (and thankfully my boss agreed)!


So instead of work, I was able to have a snow day with my babies and have the special treat of actually seeing Josh on my birthday (since he works nights, I normally wouldn't have seen him [awake] until Saturday)!

First thing I saw when I walked downstairs this morning - so sweet!!

After Josh and the kids were up, fed and dressed - Josh and Zane headed out to clear the driveway and cars off and of course they also got in a little play time!






Zane is starting to get a bit of a cold, so I limited his time outside today a little bit.  After having him come in from helping daddy clean off the cars - he and his clothes warmed up by the fire!



Landon is starting to transition to only 1 nap, but sometimes I can still squeeze two out of him.  I was thinking and hoping today was one of those days since his morning nap was kind of early.  I was wrong!  After letting him "talk" up in his crib for about 45 mins while Zane was snoozing away, I decided to bring him down and have a little 1:1 time with my littlest guy!  I'm glad I did, he snuggled for a bit, was full of smiles, in a great mood and played independently very well (once I brought the tub of Hotwheels out for him)!





Once Zane got up from his nap - I decided I didn't want to cook myself dinner on my birthday and we ventured out to meet up with Christina and Brooklyn for dinner at Red Robin!  The main roads weren't too bad - but you definitely had to take it very slow - little dicey in areas for sure!  Tomorrow's commute to work should be very interesting!

{pay no attention to Landon flipping off the camera here - maybe he wasn't happy with his meal?}


I had a wonderful birthday and loved having the nice surprise of staying home and spending time with the ones I love most in this world!   Funny, becoming another year older really doesn't seem to matter when you feel like your life is complete!


2 comments:

Katie and Bob said...

Happy birthday Lisa!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

What a fun day! I'm jealous of all the snow. :) Your kiddos are SO cute! Happy belated birthday! :)