The only little bummer of our visit was that we were informed that Zane is still on too little of a dose of Levimir (long acting insulin) to go on the pump we were considering (Omnipod). I am grateful that he is still on little doses don't get me wrong, but was looking forward to trying the pump route! We just aren't willing to consider any other pump at this time, so we will just wait and in due time his dose will go up and we'll talk about the pump again! For now, we'll be happy that he's on such tiny doses still and happy that we are doing such a good job on injections!


He looks forward to this white board more than anything every time we come, haha.
6 comments:
You ROCK! Congrats on the A1C - that's AMAZING! And you did that on MDI? Wow. The lowest we've gotten with the pump was 7.5 (back up to 8 now). I'm a little confused by the idea that needing so little levemir would keep you from the pump, since you can put in "0" for some basals and give really minimal, teeny amounts. But obviously whatever you're doing works! :D
The Omnipod's lowest basal rate is a .33 and that is too high for Zane right now. Other pumps go lower, but I really do not want a pump with any tubing (just my personal opinion for my kiddo). So we'll just wait!
Got it! I knew the Omnipod's basals were a bit high but didn't realize - that's more than Luke gets at almost any point, too. Bummer. We really want to move to the Omnipod (from Animus) for the same reasons. Are you going to the Children with Diabetes conference here next month?
No, we aren't going, its just way too expensive for us right now. Maybe next year. I look forward to hearing all about it though!!
Hey, we know that Mickey and white board pretty well ourselves! : )
That's awesome that his number went down. (Have you ever posted about what the goal number is and/or what it means? I might have to look back and see if I can find a little more info). Keeping you guys in my prayers. Hugs.
Great news:) You are guys are doing such a good job with everything!
Post a Comment