Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Daycare.

After a lot of thought and decision making it was decided to find Zane a new daycare. There is a laundry list of reasons why we came to this conclusion, but those are neither "here nor there" now. His last day at Tracey's was last Friday and today was his first day at Tiny Tots! I was very nervous for this morning, but ended up finding out there was no real reason to be so nervous! Zane is such a trooper!

We arrived at his new daycare this morning and only 1 other boy was there so far and Zane was pretty stand offish (which I expected). This kid wanted to play with Zane so bad and didn't understand why Zane wasn't playing with him or talking to him; I had to keep telling the kid to give Zane time and he'd warm up...and he did! In no time, Zane was off playing with this little boy and soon a few babies showed up and that made me happy...I got to cuddle a couple while watching Zane play! I spent about 1.5 hours there this morning making sure that Zane was settled in and that things were going well and then I headed off to work.

I couldn't wait to go and pick him up tonight to see how his day was! He had a lot of fun! Today happened to be "Library Bus" day...how exciting for the little man who is in love with busses right now! He got to get on the bus and have story-time and even help pick out books for the daycare (the bus comes every month). I loved hearing him tell me all about it on the way home! The daycare provider told me "he did great...well, he's such a great well-behaved kid anyway, but he did so good". That made me so happy to hear...I knew he would do great because I agree...he is a great kid!

One big change with this daycare is that I have to pack his lunch and snacks everyday...I really was nervous for this (not sure why), but ended up being fine and he even surprised me by eating it all! Today's menu was: jelly sandwich (he won't eat peanut butter), string cheese, cereal bar, some pirates booty (popcorn), fruit snacks, a milk and a juice!!

Here he is this morning carrying his lunch-box! I couldn't pick which picture was my favorite, so you get to see both!



1 comment:

Lori said...

Glad to hear it went so well. I can't believe you have to pack lunch - that would make me nervous too. I forget my lunch all the time. My poor kids!! :)