Monday, November 30, 2009

Hard Headed.

There are a few calls that a wife and mother never want to receive and one of those calls is that your husband or child are hurt. Today I received one of those calls. I happened to look at my phone today while at work (its usually on vibrate, so I don't hear it if it rings) and noticed I had a new voicemail from Josh. I listened to it and my heart dropped into my stomach. While at work today he walked into the tailgate of a car that was up on a rack and walked into it hard. He put a nice big gash in his forehead and once he was taken to another location in the shop and getting help he passed out (no, not from the blood, but from shock and pain). Once that happened the shop immediately called 911. The paramedics came and checked him out and concluded that he was OK, but would need stitches. Josh's boss then took Josh to the "workman's comp" (not sure the real name) clinic and there the doc decided he could just "glue" his wound back together instead of stitches (phew!!). The doctor sent him home for the day and said he could return back to work tomorrow. Josh was not hurt bad at all compared to the many other things in life that could've happened to him, but still to get a voicemail from him with very little information other than basically "I hit my head, I guess I passed out, the paramedics came and now I'm on my way to the doctor" sort of freaked me out!

I love this man more than anything (except Zane, he ranks right up there too) and I never want to see him hurt. I'm very thankful that it was just a minor injury!



1 comment:

Katie and Bob said...

That sort of thing is so scary Lisa. Tell Josh to get better soon:)